Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Development with C# MS Certification 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

Can anyone advise how I go about getting MS certification in Web development with C#

I have tried the MS website :
But according to their search there isn't a single company in the entire UK that provides this training?

I can only assume either I'm looking in the wrong place or their website doesn't work, so would appreciate some assistance.

Thanks,
1DMF.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

Hi 1DMF,

I assume you are going for MCSD: Web Applications?
The search on the Microsoft learning page is really bad, but I think I found one through googling:

And here's a map by Microsoft with MS partners for certs or so I was lead to believe:

Cheers,
MakeItSo

ôKnowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.ö (Kofi Annan)
Oppose SOPA, PIPA, ACTA; measures to curb freedom of information under whatever name whatsoever.

Hi MakeItSo,

Thanks for the suggestion, though it seems the link you provided is purely E-Learning with no real tutor / classes.

I am looking for real tuition from real people as I have a learning disability and require human interaction to explain things a little clearer and over a longer time period.

Shoving me in a room with just a pile of books isn't going to work and I'm very disappointed with the plethora of E-Learning sites I have come across as they are clearly discriminatory towards disabilities as they provide no additional support or assistance for disabled students!

I also need to be sure that any exam provides me with the environment that enables me to be on a level playing field as everyone else, something I assume MS have to cater for by law, but so far have yet to find any real person offering real tuition to ask!

I tried the pinpoint link which is meant to search UK London, but all I got was a map of the U.S.A. ?

I'd go back to the Open University but they have yet to even add C# to their curriculum and don't offer MS certification in anything anyway AFAIK.

Got any other suggestions.

1DMF.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

I understand. Yes, I prefer personal on-site training, too.

1DMF said:
I tried the pinpoint link which is meant to search UK London, but all I got was a map of the U.S.A. ?
Hmmpf, indeed. Still you can use it:
- check the checkbox on the left "include results from other countries"
- now move the map with your mouse as you would in Google Maps.

When over the UK you should already see a few blue dots. Use double click or mouse wheel to zoom in. I tried a random London-based one (nextgenn) and it seemed to be just what you are looking for.

Good luck!

ôKnowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.ö (Kofi Annan)
Oppose SOPA, PIPA, ACTA; measures to curb freedom of information under whatever name whatsoever.

Have a look here:
I've only had a quick look but they say that they discuss with you your preferred learning style and they appear to provide Microsoft Certification. They have an introductory offer running until end if this year and I'm considering it myself (£4.99 p/m per course, or £9.99 p/m for all courses).

I've had a quick look at one of their free online tutorials and I liked what I saw.

Hope this helps.

By the way, it is almost certainly UK based because David Ringsall, who seems to run the program used to host VBUG (Visual Basic User Group) sessions in Bristol.

Thanks softhemc,

I have just sent David Ringsall an email outlining my requirements and hope he gets back to me with a favourable proposition.

This could be exactly what I'm looking for.

Regards,
1DMF

I am now booked to go for a full weeks 1-2-1 C# training with David in Bath next month.

Hopefully following the C# training, I will be going for another weeks 1-2-1 training on developing web apps using C# / MVC / Razor / .NET etc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back