Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Development on a G3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbohon

Programmer
Apr 20, 2000
US
Will be developing web sites on a Mac G3 with OS/X. On my old Win98 system, I could run MS personal web server and was able to test out CGI scripts, etc. Is there something comparable in OS/X and what, if anything, do I need to do to make it happen? I can, of course, upload to my ISP and test from there - but that's a lot of FTP time and I'd like to be pretty sure everything works before trying that.

Again, my thanks in advance for your assistance.

Tom

Fire up your Apache server and use your own CGI bin! That's part of the beauty of OS-X. Your Mac is now playing by the same rules as the big boys.

He's right, go to mac help and it will tell you all you need to know. Man I love OS X

A little off topic, but Macromedia just introduced Dreamwerver MX. YOu can download a free trial that is good until June 7th. If you do PHP, ColdFusion, ASP, .Net developement, this is an awesome upgrade. I do coldfusion developement and previously had to use a PC because ColdFusion Studio was the best editor. That's changed now, and I can go back to using my pc as an mp3 player while I code on my mac :)
PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back