Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web design: With Explorer OK. With Netscape KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carzstop

Technical User
May 20, 2000
ES
Hi everybody.<br><br>This is my problem:<br><br>I've used Dreamweaver 3.0. to design my website, using layers. When the pages are visited with Explorer 5, everything is perfect, but with Netscape 4.7. nothing is in its place.<br><br>Can you help me?.<br><br>Thanks in advance.

Layers and Netscape don't mix well I'm afraid...<br>Have you tried converting Layers to Tables? That should help some, but of course they'll never look the same in both browsers.<br>The problem between IE and Netscape, is that IE is very forgiving when it comes to broken HTML, as Netscape is extremely picky, and if HTML is broken is won't help you out at all. (EG: If you forget the &lt;/table&gt; in an HTML page, IE will display it as if nothing was wrong, but Netscape will only display the background, and will never load the table.)<br>I hate Netscape for it's foibles, but I prefer the display it gives when compared to IE.<br> <p>ahdkaw<br><a href=mailto:ahdkaw@sensibilium.com>ahdkaw@sensibilium.com</a><br><a href= you do visit my sites - be warned! You must be of a discordian nature...'

I'm having the same trouble with IE and NN.&nbsp;&nbsp;Tomorrow I plan to use a browser sniffer to send IE users to an IE site and NN users to an NN site.&nbsp;&nbsp;For the NN site, I'll use tables.&nbsp;&nbsp;But even with tables, when NN resizes to a smaller screen, everything goes haywire.&nbsp;&nbsp;What's that about?<br><br>My other problem is that everything looked fine in IE on my office computer, but when I got home and tried it on my laptop, it was a nightmare.&nbsp;&nbsp;Here are some the urls: <br><br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> HREF=" TARGET="_new"> HREF=" TARGET="_new"> HREF=" TARGET="_new"> any help would be greatly appreciated.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back