Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Control images embedded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ologhai

Programmer
Apr 11, 2000
CA
Hi all

I'am making a web control, who uses several images, (about 27 images), for the moment that I placed in repertory "images".

Now i want to compile my images in the DLL, so i know it's possible to make a ressource file
images.ressources in VB.NET project but in a web project ??

I wanna find by your help guys a solution to built-in my images in a ressource file or directly in the dll... I don't want to save all 27 images files on the client.

thanks to help me

For all of the images you wish to include, go to their properties, and under "Build Action" select "embedded resources".

Upon compilation, VS.NET will create a .resources file. To stuff the file into its own assembly, navigate to the folder containing the file via a command prompt and use the assembly linker tool (al.exe).

al /embed:[Project Name].resources /out:[Project Name].Resources.dll

This will create a resources only assembly.

for all my images i did what you say, to select "embedded resources". and i compile but this not create a resources file !!!
why ?

and when it'll work how to acces this images ?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back