Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web connector on Win2003 IIS 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjlarue

Programmer
Jun 27, 2001
US
Does anyone have a successful implimentation of CE 9 Pro with the web connector running on IIS 6? I have CE9 running on a Win2000 server inside the firewall and am trying to hit it from a win2003 server with IIS 6 in the DMZ. I have installed the web connector on the IIS 6 server and verified the correct mappings. I have also checked the -port and -requestport on the connector and the WCS.

It seems that although I have the connector configured to communicate on a specific port, The requests are not being directed to that port. any suggestions appriciated.

Regards
Chuck LaRue
ADRS Computer Services

OK Per Crystal support IIS6 is supported. My problem was with configuration of the web component server port to work with a NAT firewall setup. Once we were able to resolve getting the correct IP passed all is well. A good reference doc for this is the whitepaper "Crystal Enterprise 8.5 Firewall Support" from the crystal site. Tech support says this is still valid for CE9 .

Regards
Chuck LaRue
ADRS Computer Services

I currently manage a large CE 9 network with distributed services.

I have various users connecting to Dev. - Test and Prod. through Web Connectors on IIS6 boxes to servers running IIS5 on 2000.

Until we added a MS Windows maintenance upgrade to our 2000 boxes, everything worked fine. Now daily, the Web Component Server on just one system stops responding, requiring a re-start of this service.

I'm currently configuring another WCS on one of the other servers as a failover, adding the entry to the Web Connector on my middle tier firewalled server. According to my understanding of the technology, this should work for me as I figure out what the maintenance upgrade broke.

In short, Web connections through a firewall work but watch out for RAS in this environment.

Sandy Taylor
Crystal Administrator

Webmaster: cenw.fringeworks.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back