Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Component Server - please help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm80

Technical User
May 3, 2001
US
Hi,
I am using Crystal reports 8.0. I have it installed on the server and the web component server is running but when I try to open my reports from the web page they only open in the Crystal Reports Application rather than the browswer window. What are the reasons this could be happening. Please help, I can't figure out the answer anywhere.
Thanks in advance

CM;
What and where are you executing to open your reports? Are you in a browser window and what is the query string? Or are you double-clicking on the .rpt file.

Kaiso

when you type in your url are you typing the intranet address ie or the server name ie
localmachine/report.rpt.

if you are typing the latter your report will open in the designer.

Hi cm80,
I am having the same problem you did a few months ago. I am using Crystal 8.0 and IIS 5.0. Both are on my local machine. I am getting the same thing you were getting. I can get a the report to come up in a viewer. How do you know when the WCS is running? Did you get past this? If so, how? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Clyde

I've got a public demo site at so try that and see if you view my reports.

It is very important to access the server as a web server and not as a file server so make sure you use
Can you run the SCR demo reports? They will be available on
Is the Web Component Server and the Web Page server running as a service?

What is your data source? If it is ODBC then it has to be a System DSN.

Log in on the server as the user you are running the service under. Can you run the reports manually in CR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back