Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Component server error

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddyogili

Programmer
Apr 8, 2005
US
Hi

when i am trying to access the Reports on the web through a default vitual directory.

i am passing this URL in my Browser

It is showing me the below error, can some one help me out with this.

The message at this stage is : "The Web Component Server could not log you on to the CMS. Please re-enter your user name and password. [On Cache/Page Server: pc-oreddy.WCS]"

Thankyou,
Reddy.

Your Crystal Enterprise "Guest" account has a password. You need to change the password to null, that is, no value. If you do not want CE to log into the guest account by default, there is a csp hack you can do to prevent it. But please provide version information about your CE / CR products if you want more info.

Hi thanks for your response i am using crystal reports10. But i am not using Crystal Enterprise. I did install Crystal Enterprise 10 professional.

i am creating reports in cr10 and saving them in defualt IIS virtual directory. and i am calling these reports from my browser.

what i am confused is till yesterday they were working fine, only from today morning i am having this problem.

Help me out with this.

Thankyou,
Reddy.

As I understand it, beginning with CR9, the Web Component Server was distributed with Crystal Enterprise. So, you need to have some edition of CE installed even if you don't use it. Is it possible that someone has gone into CE and given the Guest account a password?

Possibly, the Web Component Service or the Crystal CMS has stopped, but I would expect a different error message. Launch the Crystal Configuration Manager on the server and check the status of the services. Restart anything that has stopped, and check the Event Log for Application errors to get clues to the cause of the stoppage.

Try setting the guest account as a 'concurrent' user account. Another cause is when all the concurrent licences are used up. Try and reset the connections.

Hi jraheja your idea worked out. i changed the Guest concurrent licence to Named licence. Now it works fine. Appreciate your help.

Thanks for mdwyer too

Reddy.

Most welcome. I had this frustrating error and so many solutions had been given and this had worked... Glad to be of help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back