Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Client / Public Folder Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebatman

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2001
US
Have the Outlook Web Client working but a problem I am having is that when the user is in the office, he can see the public folders and all contens, but when he is on the web, the public folder has the "public calendar" in it, but it is empty of all items except items he either put in or is a member of the meeting.

I made all users owners / editors of the public calendar file I created but still they can't see the data except when they are in the office directly connected to the exchange server.

Have you managed to resolve this yet as I am having the same issue.

I have a public calender but when people use OWA they only see their own calender.

No, I actually am just planning to upgrade it to Exchange 2000 and worry about it then.

I'm curious --- does the "Everyone" Exchange Distribution List, of which he is most-likely a member, have any effective permissions to the calender? Seems to be more a permissions issue...

** i'm thinking out loud here **

So.. i'm thinkin' .. if you add the everyone group .. then all objects created by other people will become visible... If that works... then you can start pulling back permissions ...

Do you know what i mean?? I'm sure there's another way of properly setting permissions .. but this is a place that I would start with in my troubleshooting. Alshrim
System Administrator
MCSE, MCP+Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back