Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Client 4.5 Real Time Displays Difficulties 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnaRGP

Technical User
May 19, 2005
CA
Web Client 4.5 SU_07 and SUS_0701:

The symptoms: Difficulty launching diplays and/or *UNKNOWN* shows up in one or more fields and does not populate info without either a refresh or closing and relaunching the display.

The solution:

On the web client server, Navigate to:

c:\Program Files\Nortel Networks\WClient\Apps\Common\soaplisten

use notepad to open up the file RtdService.asp

Scroll through the file and wherever you see " LogMessage " (without the quotation marks), insert an apostrophe " ' " immediately in front of it (again without the quotation marks). There are about 4 or 5 entries that need this modification. Make no other modifications to this file (might be wise to back it up first).

Save and close the file.

Then click on Start -> Run and type in iisreset to stop and restart the IIS service and you should be good to go.

This is a known problem in SU_07, and is a fix is forthcoming, but it has not yet been publically documented.

Known problem. Documented in KNOVA Solution Database.
If you have access to Nortel Solution database, do a search for "RTDService.asp

Yep, but as you can see by the below copy from KNOVA, this is SU03. The problem is back in SU07 as indicated in my original post. Also as everyone knows, KNOVA is not particularly easy to search. If you are using SCCS 5.0 (as is my customer), you might not find this solution or gloss over it as it clearly only states CCMA 6.0

Copy from KNOVA:

After installing CCMA SU03, it is seen that the Real Time Displays have become very unreliable as they do not always launch successfully. Particularly affected are Agent Displays and Graphical Displays and the threshold colours do not always work.
Problem Resolution
There has been a change in the RTDServer.asp code to enable logging and this is causing the problem. The workaround is to comment out these messages. These messages will be removed in SUS_0302.

c:\program files\nortel networks\wclient\apps\common\soaplisten\rtdservice.asp

Insert an apostrophe before each occurrence of LogMessage. There are 4 in all.

Example: LogMessage should now be 'LogMessage

RTDs should now be stable.
Affected Products
Contact Center Administration CCMA 6.0

There is another solution which references both SWC 4.5 and CCMA 6.0, however it states to contact Nortel Support.

I did, referenced that other solution and they went into RTDService.asp and disabled logging.

That would be the aforementioned undocumented solution....

There is no crosslinking between solutions. However, the one you just mentioned I believe references SU07 on SWC.

Another star for MagnaRGP. This fixed an issue for me on SCCS 5.0 and SWC 4.5 w/ SU07 that has been making me pull my hair out.

Thanks Magna!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt H. - Technical Support Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back