Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web button/feature on 4625SW IP phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorbinMyMan

Technical User
Feb 4, 2005
US
When we first bought our system and the tech was installing it, there was a button on the screen that said WEB (next to SpDial and Log). He said we could use that for various things like RSS feeds. However once he set everything up that button disappeared from the handsets. I didn't think anything of it but after we were running for awhile I noticed the feature was missing and asked the technician. He had no clue why it was gone or how to get it back on there.

Is there a way to add this button back and use it in the system for RSS feeds like he stated originally?

Thanks!

It uses WML and you can not use it for RSS feeds.
You better use your pc for webbrowsing.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Ok thanks! It wasn't important for me to do so, I was just curious about the feature.

I've played around with it on my 4610SW phones, and unless you're a WML wiz, there's not a lot to be done with it. I could see some value if you NEEDED a telco intranet or some such, as tlpeter states aptly, the PC is much better for browsing.

"This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays"
//scook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back