Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

web browser GPO proxy config

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdeane

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2001
GB
hi

I'm trying to use Server 2003 group policy to configure web browser proxy settings.

I've found and downloaded Chrome and Firefox ADM's and configured a policy to set the required settings including IE using the 'user config > Windows settings > Internet Explorer Maintenance > connection' for the correct proxy details.

The policy appears to be applied, I can see this using gpresults and the policy reports wizard etc that that the settings are being sent, the client event viewer shows that 'The Group Policy settings for the computer were processed successfully'

However none of the browser settings change including IE.

Has anyone tried to configure web browser proxy settings using a GPO and got it to work??

I know that for FF GPO to work a plugin is required for FF to read the registry settings etc and apply them and it does not work for FF6 beta but I can't get it to even change the IE settings although it takes the policy...

Thanks

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back