Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WEB BASED REPORTS, HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2000
GB
Hi, i've got some databases that i'm integrating to one database and am writing active server pages for users to use to add/edit records ect. Once the user has entered all data ect they can run off one of around twenty reports.
Questions:

1. I suppose i can pass any parameters using an html form to the reports/queries?

2. How do I allow my users to call the report they want from the database, fill it with data according to the parameters they've entered and display it on the screen? Is there some way I can use snapshot viewer?

As the reports are already designed in access '97 it would be a real shame to have to code them in asp, also i don't know how i would sort those out so that the asp pages would recognise A4 paper for printing layouts ect.

Any help very helpful as i'm STUCK! Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back