Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web based CR editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImArchimedes

Technical User
Sep 25, 2007
Does anyone know of a dumbed-down CR editing app? Web based would be preferred, something just for moving or resizing fields and/or adding simple tables. There would be nothing formulaic about it. Does anyone know if such a thing would even be possible?

My customers are far from savvy enough to work in CR11 and reporting is not their primary job. I end up having to create custom reports for about 1000 clients and I'd say 80% of all the rpt requests I get are simple field expansions or table additions.

If I had some app end users with minimal tech background could use to make these quick fixes, my life would be a whole lot easier. Is this possible?

Crystal Reports Server XI. The cool thing is that Crystal Reports Developer XI comes with a FREE 5 named-user license of Crystal Reports Server XI.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Crystal Reports Server XI will have a little app for end users? I'm sorry, I don't know what the version of "URGENT". I'm afraid I don't even know what that is.

The URGENT comment is my signature here on tek-tips. It is a joke about people who post "URGENT HELP NEEDED".

Crystal Reports Server will allow the users to make changes to the reports, and it is a web app. It is not a "little" app. I know of no other web based tool or any other type of tool other than something from Business Objects themselves that allows users to modify crystal reports.

So it is either buy more crystal report designer licenses, or use Crystal Server. Only the latter is web based.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back