Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web based administrative tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noip

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2002
MU
I am actually looking for a free web based interface to administer a Linux Server.

ANy poposal..

Thanks I will try it out, but is it useful to Linux newbies?

yes, it's easy to use for newbies. Also, be forewarned that if you want to use https/ssl to access it you cannot be running Redhat 9.0 last I checked. Apparently, Redhat broke something in their last release affecting this.

-Venkman

uh check that, just came upon a way of doing it using stunnel in Redhat 9.0... wish I had read this whole page before (guess I was being lazy).

I should note that I run Suse 8.2 in addition to redhat 9.0 and redhat 7.3 , and that suse came with ssl enabled webmin already installed and good to go. I think I needed to open the port in the firewall, but that was pretty easy to do.

-Venkman

Linux itself isn't... just webmin... I will live... unless someone has some ideas...

It reminds me of the dial-up days. Only the server in on my network and sitting at my feet.

iSeriesCodePoet
iSeries Programmer/Lawson Software Administrator
[pc2]
See my progress to converting to linux. The Programmer's Knowledge Base ->

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back