Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Application performance tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleanair4me

Technical User
May 16, 2008
If I am loading someone else's Cold Fusion MX7 (using Oracle) web app to my server I need to check for several things in my development environment before it is loaded to the production server.

Please advise if I am on right track?

1- Query lengths...if the Database updates and additions take a long time.

2- Showing large amounts of records where intially the web app has very few records and then after couple months it might have thousands of records. Basically how is it handling large amounts of records in display, searches and reports.

3- Is the web app draining resources from the Database it is using. And is it draining or bringing down JRUN.

Any other things to look for or anything I am wrong on?

Sounds like you are on the right track. Typically I don't worry too much about coldfusion pages unless they run over 2000 ms (2 seconds).

CF8 (even the developer edition) has a great new tool for watching server/query performance. Take a look at the features of the Server Monitor, might be exactly what you are want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back