Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web and e-mail does not download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Dec 3, 2001
GB
I use a PC using Windows 98 with an external Supramax USM 56k modem. My computer will dial up fine but when I use Internet Exlorer no pages are downloaded and my e-mail won't send/receive. I have tried various urls. Although I have reported this problem to my ISP, I don't think it's them because I can connect my laptop on the same telephone line. Could it be my tc/ip or some other dial up networking properties? Very strange because all was fine before I went away for a week's holiday. Please help!

Have you recently downloaded a new version of Internet Explorer? I had a similar problem when I upgraded to the first upgrade that came out to IE5. I reinstalled the new version, the problem was fixed. There had been a problem with that version all along. Maybe you can try that. Hope it works.

Have you recently downloaded a new version of Internet Explorer? I had a similar problem when I upgraded to the first upgrade that came out to IE5. I reinstalled the new version, the problem was fixed. There had been a problem with that version all along. Maybe you can try that. Hope it works.

I refer to my internet connection problem. I have now find the answer (having eliminated everything else). It was of course my McAfee virus checker which was blocking all traffic. All resolved and thank you all very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back