Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Access "Send To" Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2003
US
I have a user that when "replying" or "forwarding" a message in Notes Web Access gets the following:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available"

Insert the Microsoft Outlook 2000 disk and hit OK

Can any one tell me what it is looking for? We do not use Outlook so I do not have the Outlook 2000 disk! I tried installing Outlook from the Office CD but did not help.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mitchellmj

This typically happens when you click a mailto: link and your OS does not have a default mail client configured. When that happens, Windows is programmed to help you install Outlook.

The problem is that Windows has trouble keeping default for other mail clients. Normally on installation Notes asks you if it is supposed to be the default mail client. I suppose you say YES, as I did.

Well, after some weeks, I clicked on one of those mailto: links and I got the Outlook install popup also ! In other words, Windows has forgotten that Notes IS the default mail client.

And going to File/Preferences/User Preferences/Mail/Internet and checking that both "Lotus is default mail" AND "Lotus should check on startup that it is default" does not change a thing - I cannot use the mailto: links any more.

I don't know for sure, but to me this is not a Notes issue, it is a Windows issue.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back