Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Access Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdurham

MIS
Sep 14, 2005
US
Greetings..

Looking for some help here. I have the trial of Forefront TMG setup on a server and things are going great. I am having a slight issue with a Web Access Policy which I created. I will start by telling you this is a single adapter template setup. All private IP's are considered internal.

What I basically did was the following..

Action: Allow
Name: Security Guard Web Access
Condition: Security Guard account (from active directory) and a test account (Active Directory)
To: Guard Sites (URL Set with four websites we want them to visit only)
Protocol: HTTP and HTTPS
Schedule: Always

The problem is when i go to logs and report and set the filter to the following..
Log Record Type: Web Proxy Filter
Log Time: Live
Client Username: <test account>

I open up a web browser on a test PC, change the internet option to point to the proxy. i see traffic on the TMG server, but the rule being used/applied is the default (Allow Web Access for All users).

I was expecting the RULE I created above to be in affect.. Anyone have any ideas why? and where can I go to correct this issue.

Thanks
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back