Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web access for my Customers to my sql server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgios

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2011
GR
I want to build something (through my web site) for our customers to log in to my sql server and be able to see/change their data.

Can you advice me as to what is the fastest/easiest way to do this?

Is Drupal the answer? or Should I go in another direction?

There's not enough info to answer. Is this existing data or do you intend to manage new custom data in Drupal (which can be done with CCK/Views)?

Drupal does have user and user role management that can control access but what you want your customers to edit may need custom programming.

i want it to access data already in my sql tables, i'd prefer if i could use usernames passwords already there but if i cant im willing to try out something different

phpmyadmin does this. you could wrap it with a login screen.

however, this seems to be a really bad idea from the perspective of data integrity. and would it not allow one user access to another's data?

if you want to build a very simple system then consider adding on a simple CRUD interface behind a login screen. I have posted a CRUD (php + mysql) here. you will need to wrap the sql selects with something that uniquely identifies that user. you will also need to deliver nonces to the browser to ensure that users cannot alter content that is not theres. a nonce solution is posted here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back