Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web 2.0 JSP apps? (Opensource)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinton25

Programmer
Mar 20, 2004
BB
Hello,

Could you provide me with examples of JSP projects which implement some or all the features of Web 2.0?

Ideally Opensource but any would do at this point.

I'm not sure there really are.
The link you posted yourself puts it pretty succinctly :

Some technology experts, notably Tim Berners-Lee have questioned whether the term is meaningful, since many of the technology components of "Web 2.0" have been present since the creation of the World Wide Web.

Considering that JSP is just a server-side scripting language that generates dynamic content, I would say you'd be hard pushed to find a "Web 2 JSP project".

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

Hi,

So no JSP based blogging/video sharing/wiki software exists?

Well yes, I expect there are some java based blogs, video sharing tools and wikis written in Java - but are they "Web 2.0 JSP projects" ? I would argue no ... there is nothing new about posting views on a web page (blog), or transferring data (video sharing), or organising data in a way editable by all (wikis).

I just hate the constant hype around such things. Ajax - wow - not !!! Its just sending an HTTP request, and has existed for ages.

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back