Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

We need technical support migrating Avaya IP Office SE from physical server to VM

atcphone

Vendor
May 14, 2002
ID
We are a long time Avaya partner looking for technical support migrating Avaya IP Office SE from a physical server to a VM. Looking through forums here I don't much recent discussion on this topic. Does anyone have any experience with IPO virtualization? We're looking to either pay someone to consult or subcontract out the work, if possible. Any tips you might have are welcome, too.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Did it once. Using the backup/restore procedure didn't work for me. So I migrated everything manually but it worked well.

I agree with derfloh the backup/restore procedure should work but its challenging.

We have done this a few times and, in my experience, its simpler to build the new virtual server and copy the configs over. Quicker in the long run and it gives you a chance to have a cleaner build. Make sure the new build is exactly the same version as the existing one.

Upgrade after if you want to upgrade.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back