Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

We have websites running under apac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarquin

Technical User
Jun 17, 2001
AU
We have websites running under apache on Linux.
These websites need to accept data entry and then calculate and display results, this is currently done using a Linux app. Each website has a differently configured Linux app to produce the results.
The Linux app replicates a calculation defined in an MS excel spreadsheet (different spreadsheet for each website). The replication of the calc is becoming very tiresome.

The Linux app we use is a RDBMS which in this situation holds some data for individuals and calculation parameters, which can change on a daily basis. The problem is that when the users log in to their website they have the option of running calculations and changing some of the parameters of the calcs at runtime.

The calculations are quite complex and hence the pain of recreating what has already been done (and is maintained by someone else :-> ) in MS Excel.

I would like to know of a mechanism that I could use which would allow me to do the following:

Take data entered on web page, pass it to relevant cells in excel and then take resulting contents of other cells and paste back on to web page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back