Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

We have several MetaFrame XP deskto

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ5

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2003
US
We have several MetaFrame XP desktops available. We usually use thin clients. In this case, I would like to turn an old machine into a fat client to give the user access to floppy and CD. I have Windows 2000 Pro installed locally. The user logs into the domain to authenticate. The desktop starts automatically by adding a string in the registry.

My problem: I would like to be able to log the user out of the domain when the user logs off of the MetaFrame desktop. I do not want the user to have to log out twice (they often forget).

Suggestions:

1. Use Client Drive mapping in the user's profile to give access to the local drives.

2. Log onto the Windows 2000 PC using a local account and put the PC into a workgroup. That means you won't be able to use passthrough, but you can still save the user's credentials in PN.

Hope this is helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back