Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

we have an internet gateway called

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMedz

IS-IT--Management
Dec 28, 2000
PH
we have an internet gateway called acme.com w/c is on a VAX/VMS machine called Beta1.acme.com (uses DEC Alpha hardware).

Support for VMS on the Alpha machines is now becoming an issue, There are plans to exit from the VMS platform and
standardize on possibly intel based Windows NT implementations for many of the services hosted on the VMS platform.

I need to formulate ASAP an exit strategy for the Internet gateway services on Beta1 and this machine has a filtering capabilities(shown below), i also need to find a suitable tool to replaced this.

Filtering/Security capabilities are:
*Block files by file extension such as .mp3, .mpg, .avi,etc
*Block files by file name such as valentine.exe,etc.
*Block files by file size.
*Block looping emails.
*SMTP alias table routing. Beta1 has an email alias table that is used to translate one incoming address to another address or explicit routing to a mail server (such as B2B, Notes, POP3, etc).
*Blocks IP addresses of internet pc's that attack Beta1 through an explicit ip denial address list.

We're looking into Windows platfrom for this solution but i also want to consider a Unix based platform(AIX,Linux,etc).

can somebody give me advise on w/c platform to migrate on?
and can somebody give me a tool that can do all the filtering/security stated above.

Thank you very much in advance.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back