Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

We have a MS Cluster running file s

Status
Not open for further replies.

headrush

Technical User
Jul 10, 2002
US
We have a MS Cluster running file sharing in an active/passive mode. Our applications need to have the shared resources mapped via the network from the virtual server. Whenever a user maps these drives from the virtual server a red X appears in about 30 seconds and disconnects the user from the drive mapping and when they try to reconnect it doesnt always immediately reconnect. This causes our applications to freezes and our files to corrupt. If I have our users connect to the individual nodes the mappings stay up for as long as they are using them. I called Compaq and they checked our settings and everything is "textbook". I have also followed all of the suggestions in microsofts knowledge base but still no resolutions.

Someone please help.

thanks,

HR

That's the normal behavior of the mappings in the Windows 2000 (NT too).
It will disconnect you by default after 15 min of inactivity.
If you want to customize, you ahev to go to regedit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters
and set autodisconnect to the value that you want.
If you will use ffffffff, then the autodisconnect will be turned off.

Gia Betiu
gia@almondeyes.net
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, MCSE Win2K
new: (just started)

Normal behavior is 15 minutes of activity---not 30 seconds. I already changed the disconnect time to 1 hour but it still disconnects in 30 seconds or more. I think it has something to do with the cluster set up. Thanks though for your reponse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back