Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

We have a customer using a Openscap

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsley1903

Technical User
Sep 10, 2014
AU
We have a customer using a Openscape Business X8.
They are having the following issue and wondering if anone can advise

Incoming call is answered by AutoAttendant on Ocab Card.
A greeting is played and if no digit is pressed by caller then the call goes to the intercept position which is extension 417

Extension 417 Call management
* 490,490,491 5 cycles
Overflow group 490& 491 both have 2 extension in group 417&410.

If an incoming call follows this call path and is not answered then the call is disconnected after 5mins 20 secs.

Any advice on where to look on system to try and resolve this issue

Regards
Graham

The fact that the call is disconnected after 5 mins 20 secs if is not answered looks like a normal behavior, considering that there are cyclic hunt groups with overflow to other hunt group after 5 cycles.
If you want to decrease that time (so that the call to be disconnected faster which I assume it is the issue ) you may set the hunt group to make overflow after one cycle only or you may decrease the internal hunt group timer (of call to "jump" for one extension to another within hunt group) or change the forwarding time for jumping from one hunt group to another.
I assume that all members on hunt groups are DID numbers (directly reachable from external).
Also, I don't think that any caller will wait 5 mins 20 secs for somebody to answer their call.

Normal Carriers will also cease a call after 5 minutes if not answered as it is just using up resources on their side without any income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back