Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

We Form loads twice 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD8146

Technical User
Jul 8, 2005
I've created a form for our users to complete on-line - it loads from a hyperlink in another page - the problem I have is that my link appears to load two copies of the form at the same time - it's probably something in the code but I'm not sure what I'm looking for - I would appreciate any help you can offer on this. Thanks.

I agree that it is probably something in your code.

Cheers,
Jeff

SD8146,

What Jeff and Dan are afraid to admit is that our crystal ball does not get good reception in your area. The images are a little fuzzy...

We really need you to direct us to a link for testing -or-
post the pertinent parts of your pages.

That way we can help.

Hope it's helpful.

Good Place to "Learn More">>

Thanks - this is the code for the link page - please let me know if you also need the form page

<html>

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-gb">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 6.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<title>Application for Internet Connection</title>
</head>

<body>

<p class="MsoTitle" style="word-spacing: 0; line-height: 100%; margin: 0" align="center"><font face="Arial"><span lang="EN-GB" style="font-family:Arial"><b><font size="2">Application for </font></b></span></font>
<span lang="en-gb"><font size="2" face="Arial"><b>Connection to the Internet</b></font></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="word-spacing: 0; line-height: 100%; margin: 0"><font face="Arial" size="1"><span lang="EN-GB" style="font-family: Arial">
Prior to connection, applicants are required to read the </span>
<strong style="font-weight: 400">Internet </strong>User Guidelines&nbsp;
<a href="file:///W:/dirdept/IMT/Control/Internet.htm">click here to view
Guidelines</a></font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="word-spacing: 0; line-height: 100%; margin: 0"><font face="Arial" size="1">
and the Trust Policy Black 65 </font>
<span style="font-family: Arial; color: black"><font size="1">Policy for
Information Security and Information Technology</font></span><font face="Arial" size="1"> <span lang="EN-GB" style="font-family: Arial">
&nbsp;<a href="../polproc/2000_launch/black65.pdf">click here to view Policy</a></span></font></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="word-spacing: 0; line-height: 100%; margin: 0"><font face="Arial" size="1"><span lang="EN-GB" style="font-family: Arial">Signing
this application form indicates acceptance of those conditions.<o:p>
</o:p>
</span></font></p>
<p class="MsoTitle" align="center" style="word-spacing: 0; line-height: 100%; margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0"><span style="font-weight: normal"><font face="Arial">&nbsp;<o:p>
</o:p>
</font>
</span></p>
<p class="MsoTitle" align="center" style="word-spacing: 0; line-height: 100%; margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0">&nbsp;</p>
<p align="center" style="word-spacing: 0; line-height: 100%; margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0"><b><span style="mso-fareast-font-family: Times New Roman; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; text-underline: double"><font size="2" face="Arial"><u style="text-underline: double; mso-fareast-font-family: Times New Roman; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">
PLEASE NOTE</u><span style="text-underline: double; mso-fareast-font-family: Times New Roman; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">:</span></font></span></b><p align="center">
<font face="Arial">In order to avoid your application being returned, please read carefully though
each section answering where appropriate.&nbsp; </font> </p>
<p align="center"><font face="Arial">Please complete the forms on-screen - use
the TAB key to move between the fields - click the Continue button
at the end of the page and then print the resulting page.&nbsp; You will need to
sign your application and have it authorised by your Line Manager, Business
Manager or Clinical Director in accordance with the Trust Policy Black 65 - see
link at top of page.</font></p>

<p align="center"> &nbsp;</p>

<p align="center"><font face="Arial">click this link for the</font><p align="center">
<font face="Arial">click this link for the <u><font color="#0000FF"> <span class="popup" onClick=javascript:window.open("FormW.asp","blank","toolbar=no","scrollbars=yes","resizable=yes","top=0","left=0")>
<a href="FormW.asp">Internet Connection Application Form</a></span></font></u></font></p>
<font face="Arial"></span></font></u></font></p>

<p align="center">&nbsp;</p>

<p align="center"><font face="Arial"><span class="popup"><b>NB</b>:&nbsp; Internet access can be
granted only to named individuals and not to Group accounts or Generic accounts</span></font></p>

</body>

</html>

The problem is that you have a link and a javascript popup.

Replace this:
Code:
<span class="popup" onClick=javascript:window.open("FormW.asp","blank","toolbar=no","scrollbars=yes","resizable=yes","top=0","left=0")>
<a href="FormW.asp">Internet Connection Application Form</a></span>

with:
Code:
<span class="popup">
<a href="FormW.asp" onClick='javascript:window.open("FormW.asp","blank","toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,top=0,left=0"); return false;'>
Internet Connection Application Form</a></span>

Shout back if you need more help.

-Mark

Many thanks - You probably guessed I'm a bit of a novice at this - I'm grateful for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back