Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

We are in the begining stages of GroupWise - meaning we have the serve 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkh

MIS
Dec 29, 1999
US
We are in the begining stages of GroupWise - meaning we have the server running NW5 but have not installed GW yet. We have a Novell Network, also we run Citrix Winframe 1.7 for approx. 100 of our users. I was under the impression that GW 5 could not be run on these servers, that we would have to use the old GW 4 client? Obviously we do not want to support both 4 & 5, and the old client is not as user friendly. Has anyone tested GW 5.5 on Citrix? I would appreciate any help, suggestions you can give me.<br>
<br>
Thanks, <br>
<br>
Leslie Houghtaling<br>
CFCU <br>
<br>

Leslie -<br>
GroupWise 5.x requires that the users be part of NDS, since GroupWise admin is an extension of NWADMN with GW 5.x. I would think that users on a Citrix server could use a current GW 5 client to access their mailboxes, as long as they are also part of NDS. I haven't tried it yet - you take a shot at it and let us know how it goes! <p>Fred Wagner<br><a href=mailto:frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us>frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

You could use the GroupWise 5.5 remote client on the Citrix, connecting them to the GroupWise server via TCP/IP. The management of GW 5.5 requires NDS and the user must exist in the NDS tree and within GroupWise, but there is no requirement to have a NetWare client of any kind on a workstation in order to access GroupWise from that workstation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back