Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wds deployment 2003 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt1964ca

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2008
hi

I am actually using wds 2008 but i am trying to deploy 2003 server. We have a standard server 2003 deployment image along with a standard sysprep.ini answer file.

I want the potential of making each server unique i.e. server name (meaningful names), network IF IPs etc. I know I could this by changing the sysprep.ini file for each server build but it seems a very manual process and we may be building batches of servers.

Can WDS select answer settings based on something like the MAC address?

I also thought about having a standard image build and make the unique configuration changes through a run once script.

One last question......I currently control the partitioning and formatting of the new server through the WDS Client settings (Vista). This works well but is not easily flexible. Can I control this through the sysprep process instead?

I would apprepriate anyone elses experience.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back