Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WCF Reusable Assembly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

I'm just starting out with C# and want to create a database class library that I can share between applications, I will have many applications all needing to access the same database and so it seems logical to have one Windows Communication Foundation library that all the apps can use.

However, I am not sure how I go about creating this.

There is WCF options in the visual studio IDE for service library, service application, syndication library, do I want this? I would eventually like to also develop web apps in C# as well as Windows Forms, so it would be good if the ORM I generate for access to the DB can be shared not just across my windows apps but also the web apps.

Do I simply create a class library project and then add a WCF data source and so all apps can access the ORM classes via the namespace?

Help understanding how I build abstract assemblies that are reusable across applications and platforms is appreciated.

Thanks,
1DMF.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back