Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WBEM ODBC Driver Problem - Empty Recordset

Status
Not open for further replies.

chulivek

Programmer
Dec 22, 2000
CZ
When i'm trying to open query which should have answer with empty recordset, WBEM ODBC Driver (WBEMDR32.DLL ver. 1.50.1085.06) doesn't respond and my program is frozen.
In case answer is not empty, everything goes OK. Can anybody help me , please ?

P.S. Excuse my broken english please.

Can you post your query? There are alot of possibilities are you using WMI? SQL?
Need more info.

Mike

I'm using ODBC so i'm writing queries in SQL. Query looks like this: SELECT something.SMS_R_System, something.SMS_G_VIDEO FROM SMS_R_System, SMS_G_VIDEO WHERE ResourceId.SMS_R_System = ResourceId.SMS_G_VIDEO AND AdapterCompatibility.SMS_G_VIDEO='string'

And when there is no record with AdapterCompatibility='string' ODBC Driver doesn't respond. If there is everything goes OK.
I have tried to query against one table (SM_G_VIDEO) and it was OK.

I's it clear now ?

Thank you for reaction :).

Chulivek

I ran your query successfully by adding an inner join. Since I don't know exactly what you're querying for, you will have to change appropriate values.

Hope this helps.

Mike

select distinct SMS_R_System.ResourceId
from SMS_R_System
inner join SMS_G_System_VIDEO
on SMS_G_System_VIDEO.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_VIDEO.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId and SMS_G_System_VIDEO.AdapterCompatibility = ##PRM:SMS_G_System_VIDEO.AdapterCompatibility##

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back