Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Way to set default media folder (5.1)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dearmad

Technical User
Jun 28, 2004
US
Is there any way to set the default folder so that I don't have to click through the windows file loading windows in order to go to the project folder where my media clips are located?

Does the above make sense? I'm sure later versions of Premiere must have this BASIC feature, but does 5.1- I'd love to finally be able to set this- even if I have to edit a PRF file or something.

When you set up your project, you can designate the folder in the settings.

Actually, in 5.1 you can't. I did another solution: Modified the Start_In folder for the shortcut to Premiere off the start menu. This way at least the initial folder that opens in Premiere is a lot closer to the one I want, even if I can't modify it project to project.

Another thing possible to do is to add shortcuts to the default folder Premiere always opens that lead to the other folders I want to use.

While they may have added this basic feature to later Premiere versions, it is missing in 5.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back