Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WAY to have Image encoded in HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernandezduk

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a system that sends an Email to a user.
This email has a html attachment which due to branding I have to have special images on it.

I do not want to send multiple files with the image and html so.

Is there a way to send a file that contains html and small image encoded directly onto the html source?

Thanks!!

Fingers Fernandez
Helping the world be a better place!!!
HAve a nice day

Not sure about what you mean in your question, if you don't want to send the images why not point them to the file on your website/server ?

Cheers

John

-U do NOT want to send your entire layout to user (like an attchement would work) but rather HTML code(file) that points to your site-hence has the SRC of files and links to a full domain
Code:
<a href=&quot;[URL unfurl="true"]http://domain.com/folder/news.html>NEWS</a>[/URL]

while the file u make for the site will have links relative to the site

Code:
<a href=&quot;.../folder/news.html>NEWS</a>

-send them HTML format
-recevie them in HTML format ~ some email (pop and other old systems) servers can not process HTML based or have it dissabled for security resons. - scripted viruses blah blah...
There u have it!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Hi all,

Thanks. This is not simple. I know how to point a section to a image file into html. This is a little more complicated.

I want to attach an image into the html code....
So the html code will have the html code and the image file also. I have been told this something like MHTML or using mime!!!??????? ME do not know.....

I am tying to send one file that contains two images but these images are t be embedded into the HTM. NOT access a site for these as they may be viewed offline.

IS this possible at all??????? I do ot know.

Thanks

Fingers Fernandez
Helping the world be a better place!!!
HAve a nice day

HTML won't cut it.....u need some server component that does the mailing...
above all WHY?...what is so special about these images that they have to be sent? viewing is not enough?
write more....

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back