Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Way to automate creation of multiple .SWFs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMSguy

Programmer
Aug 2, 2007
US
Short version: I have one .swf template with a small bit of code, and ~3000 wav files, each of which needs to be attached to this template. I'm looking for a way to automate this process.

Long version: I have a template that consists of a small .jpg of a speaker, with code that plays a .wav file on load and on click. That code is as follows:

OnLoad(){
playSound("WAV_1.wav");
}
on (press){
playSound("WAV_1.wav");
}

I also have about 3000 .wav files. What I am trying to do is find a way (application, scripting, or anything really) to automate putting each of these .wavs into the above template, and exporting a .SWF of each, with the same filename as the .wav file. In other words, if I had only two .wav files, "SoundOne.wav" and "SoundTwo.wav", I want something that will automatically create "SoundOne.swf" and "SoundTwo.swf", with the corresponding .wav file imported into the template code.

The Flash dev applications I have are SWiSHmax and Adobe CS3. Does anyone have any ideas? Any advice is appreciated!

I know you are trying to be helpful, as were the six other people who have helpfully told me this on other forums, so I will contain my frustration and thank you. I assure you, however, that I do in fact need 3000 different .swf files. Explaining the reasons why would require far more backstory than is relevant here, but believe me, I cannot accomplish what I need with a single file that plays sounds dynamically.

Can anyone tell me how to go about creating the .swfs as layed out in my original question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back