Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wave files very quiet through voice modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi,

I'm using Visual C to write an app to answer the phone and play wave files to the caller. However I've got it working but the sound it very quiet. Initially the sound was distorted but that was fixed by changing the Hz value of the modem in the registry to 7200.
I've tried everything to make it louder including editing the wav files and making the volume louder in them, various AT commands and 5 different modems. The current one is an external one.
Please could somebody help!! I've got a voice/fax answering program on my computer and that plays wav files through the modem and they sound great (loud and not distorted).

many thanks

Matt Dearden
(P.S. what does the AT command &quot;at+vsm=2,7200,0,0<cr>&quot; do? I know the 7200 it the Hz value, but what are the others?)

Hi,

Could u help me in doing what you have achieved? I wanted to have my program call me on the phone and play sound files for me to listen over my phone.

What are the stuffs that I need to study into? 'How to use the wave device for modem?' What API, if any, that is required.

Thanks.

Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back