Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wave device for voice modem? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChopperHF

MIS
Jul 5, 2001
GB
hello there, can you help? I have a Rockwell HCF 56K Speakerphone PCI Modem, o/s win ME. Every time i start my computer it detects a wave device for voice modem! When itry and locate or let it search for the drivers so to install it, it can never find anything:( Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Chopper

The driver should be on the original disk that came with the modem, sometimes buried in a separate folder.
You can also look in the c:\windows\sysback folder... Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Thanks for replying so quickly:)

The thing is, the cd rom that came with the modem has got a list of drivers with on it, but the 'spirit' one that i need seems to be missing! It was there to start off with but now it is gone. Everything else about the modem works fine, its just this wave device thingy that it cant find the drivers for. I have selected one from a list, under conexant, but when i clicked it, it told me that this driver was not written for the wave device and therefore may not work properly. i installed it anyway. Is this the wrong thing to do?

Thanks Comtech

Chopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back