Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watermark image behind objects on a form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

glgcag1991

Programmer
Oct 15, 2007
US
I have a gif image that I am trying to make appear behind all of the objects on my form. It works for objects that have a solid back style but not if the object has a transparent back style. Is there a way to prioritize which transparent object takes precedence? For example, labels on my text boxes are transparent, but do I really want all of them to have a solid background? I'd rather not have to go through and change them all. And if I have set the image to be transparent, why does the image cover the transparent label? Is it because I added the transparent image after the label?

Thanks for any insight you might have!

>Is it because I added the transparent image after the label?

Yes. but you can change this by selecting the object, then right-clicking and choosing 'Position > Send to Back'

Thank you strongm, that worked! There was also an "edit" button the original designers had created so that the bound form became "editable" if the user had sufficient rights. When that was pressed, it changed colors and transparency which was messing things up. With your "send to back" suggestion and a tweak of the "edit" changes, I was able to make it work. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back