Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watchguard VPN solution for new office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigernmckracken

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2004
US
Hello,

I am in the midst of setting up a new office and need to provide a VPN solution between the two sites. The main office currently has a Watchguard SOHO6. I am thinking of doing one of three things.

1. Purchasing a Firebox Edge X15 for the new office. This is a simple solution although it has a 30 user Max (20 users right now) which could be an issue.

2. Moving the SOHO6 box to the new location and purchasing a Firebox X500 for the Main Office.

3. Not using Watchguard products at all.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these situations? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Big Ern

Big Ern,

I have been using watchguard products for several years and I have found the Site to Site VPN perforamnce to be top notch. The firebox soho and edge series are to be used as a VPN endpoint only. you will need a a firebox x series in order to create and manage the branch office VPN's. I believe that the firebox x700 comes with this functionality while the x500 you will have to purchase and upgrade

Yes this is what we have at my work place, Firebox 700 at the main site and SOHO 6tc's at the remote branch's and the vpn is just fine,

NOTE bigernmckracken you will need to buy SOHO 6tc and NOT SOHO 6 if you want the VPN option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back