Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watchguard VPN (SOHO WG2500)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBNservices

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2004
US
I have a client who has a Watchguard SOHO (WG2500). We did a VPN user license upgrade on the unit. There I found that there is no VPN configuration, it appears that on the firewall side the VPN is pre-configured, which does not make me too happy.

The client I have had multiple issues with setting up a connection. I have been told from various Watchguard reps that the VPN would be combatible with PPTP/L2TP. So far though, I have set up a basic connection using the Microsoft L2TP, but fail on connection. I have tried out numerous settings with no luck. So here is my questions:

1.) Is the Watchguard VPN in fact PPTP/L2TP combatible, or must I use the Watchguard proprietary software?

2.) Is there any example policy/configurations available so I can compare with my settings? First thing I noticed with the Watchguard client is there is no basic connection setup, it is all done with the policy editor.

My first policy I managed to disable ALL network connection to my notebook. Personally I found the Cisco VPN client to be 100x better than this Watchguard. Possible to use the Cisco client maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back