Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watchguard Report Manager - X700 core

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmna007

MIS
Dec 11, 2002
GB
Hi, I have set up the Watchguard log server and the Report server. I can view all the logs in the log viewer, so this appears to be working but I am not able to run reports with the report manager. When I go to the mananger there are no devices listed in the drop down. In the bottom of the window it does say that I am connected to the report server

Thanks for any help

Damien

Just an update but within C:\Documents and Settings\WatchGuard\logs there is a log file called wlogserver_apache.log which has lots of error messages the same as below:-

[Wed Jan 14 09:28:41 2009] [error] [client 192.168.1.103] wgagent: auth failed for username=__admin__

Does anyone know if this is in relation to the error I am having? The password I have used when setting up the log server and report server contains uppercase, lowercase and a number, is the password too complex, are there restrictions?

have you tried it with a really simple encryption key password1 or something?? Also, this forum is really dead (as you can tell) so the best place to get some good troubleshooting assistance is on the WatchGuard user forum on WatchGuard.com. They have great people over there.

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

That did the trick. I think the problem is in relation to password complexity and the watchguard database not liking special characters.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back