Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watchguard Log daemon and BES Server 4.1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVKAdmin

IS-IT--Management
Dec 28, 2001
CA
Hello,

I've recently come across a problem on a server where I have Watchguard Firebox Software (7.21) installed as well as Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.1.3.

I am getting the following error:

[DEVICE_MANAGER] SRP StartListening failed. Port 4101 may be in use by another application.

In the event viewer. After tracking down the problem it appears that the Watchguard Log Daemon (controld.exe) uses port 4101 which is what the BlackBerry Router component wants to use.

Blackberry says to either:

1) Change the port the 3rd part is using
2) Install the Blackberry Router on a remote server
3) Move the Blackberry enterprise server to a different computer

I am looking into option 1 however I'd like to know what other changes would I have to do for option 2 and whether there are any pre-requisites for moving the blackberry router or reboots required for this on the remote servers ?
Also is there a way to change the port the blackberry router is using ? (specificaly change port 4101) ?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back