Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Watchguard Default Settings & SNMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

knut82

Technical User
May 6, 2010
GB
Hi,

My company has recently accquired two clients both using watchguard firebox x edge equipment. I have been tasked placing them both onto monitoring system (cacti) but have got a couple of issues hopefully someone on here can help me... Please!!!! my questions will be listed at the end of this text.

Problem: Access
One client doesn't have a clue about keeping information such as usernames (UN) and Passwords (PW), my research has showed that there id no way to perform a password recovery on these boxes. I have found documentation on how to perform a factory reset if required.

Questions:
Is there a default UN & PW that I can try? (maybe the last people didn't change it)
If the is a default UN & PW what is it?
Can I perform a backup without admin access?

The rest I believe I can find using the documentation I have found...

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Knut

The defaults are admin and admin.

I don't believe you can perform a backup without admin access

On the older fireboxes the default was read123 and write123 and if memory serves these were the snmp, though there are no defualt rules to allow snmp anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back