Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Warnings with scheduled events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGR

Technical User
Feb 18, 2002
DE
Hi,

when checking the schedlued events by using the MMC snap in with operational reports it say "Finished with warning".
But I cannot find any details regarding this warnings.
So I don't know what kind this warning is.

When there are files skipped I see them in the reports.
But where can I find details about this warning?

Thanks in advance
/egr

I'm not familiar with MMC snap but certainly you can go to the particular server being backed up and look at the appropriate log file (typically dsmsched.log for baclient backups) for more details as to whats occuring..??

Also, check dsmerror.log. Probably warning on the failed files. I would add these files from your report to the exclude list and see if you still get the error. dsmsched.log and dsmerror.log should have the answers though.

Hi ,

in dsmerror.log I get:

10/17/05 22:02:49 ANS1029E Communication with the TSM server is lost.
10/17/05 22:05:14 ANS1809W Session is lost; initializing session reopen procedure.
10/17/05 22:05:14 ANS1809W Session is lost; initializing session reopen procedure.

But there is a different thread in this forum regarding that.

Could that be the cause for the warning?

/egr

Hi again,

there is also an entry:

"10/15/05 03:46:16 ANS1228E Sending of object '/raid0/anzeigenASV/.DeskServer' failed
10/15/05 03:46:16 ANS4005E Error processing '/raid0/anzeigenASV/.DeskServer': file not found

10/15/05 05:17:29 ANS1802E Incremental backup of '/raid0' finished with 1 failure"

in dsmerror.log.

I think that could be the problem

/egr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back