Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Warning or Alarm Suppression 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dundeenous

Technical User
Sep 16, 2003
AU
Can anyone let me know how I can suppress a warning or alarm for a particular port?

It will depend on what alarms and errors that you have. List them here and I will see if I can help you.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

U can turn off alarm reporting on the inads number temporarily for when u are upgrading, but I don't a way to shut it off for one port. There is a way of 'marking' a port that is known bad so u won't use it.

Thanks guys.

The alarms that I'm trying to suppress are a couple of 513 station port alarms. I need them configured the way the are but don't want them to appear when I run an alarms display.

hmmm... I don't know what a 513 is, but on most stations u can turn of testing on the station form, then it might not show a warning.

Sorry Orypecos, i meant to say it was a warning 513. 513 - Hardware failure, often means that there is no phone on the other end.

Connect External Alarms and
Auxiliary Connections :

i have no contact in those pair when i have a major alarm
please can any one tell me how to use this pair
EXTALMA Violet-Green (Pin 48)
EXTALMB Green-Violet Ground (Pin 23)

You can retire most of your analog alarms by turning the test to "no" on the station forms. That will keep analog stations from coming into alarm when they are unplugged.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

mhanbli (TechnicalUser)
U will probably have better luck on your post if u start a new thread.

Thanks Mikeydidit but it didn't seem to clear the warning. I'll have to live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back