Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Warning message when using make table query.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea7

Programmer
Aug 25, 2008
US
I have a question about the warning prompts in Access. I have a make table query. Each time this query is run, it overwrites the current table. This is what I want to do. However, I receive the following;

‘The existing table ‘rmtable’ will be deleted before you run the query.
Do you want to continue anyway?

Now I went into the Access Options and cleared all the check boxes under Confirm. However, I can't get rid of that message. Am I suppose to go somewhere else?

But IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you use

DoCmd.SetWarnings False

Then you NEED to also use

DoCmd.SetWarnings True

in the exit point of your procedure. You need to ensure that it resets them (even if there is an error, that is why I said exit point, because most error handlers also leave by the same exit point as the non-errored procedure - or at least it should).

If you don't reset them then you will find funny things happening, like making a change to a query, form, or report and closing it and it not asking you if you want to save it and it just blows your changes away.

Bob Larson
FORMER Microsoft Access MVP (2008-2009, 2009-2010)
Free Tutorials/Samples/Tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back