Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Warning inode number changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

akimziadi

Technical User
Oct 17, 2005
DK
Hi,

I'm getting this messages during save operation, someone can explain how an inode can be changed or where this message come from

Mar 12 00:54:42 server root: [ID 702911 daemon.notice] * server:/global/export/path save: Warning inode number changed for /global/export/path/11102.0000.tlog may not be recoverable
Mar 12 12:55:55 server root: [ID 702911 daemon.notice] * server:/global/testin save: Warning inode number changed for /global/testin/dir1/20060312/filego01 may not be recoverable

I do not know what you do exactly but there are situations where this may happen.

For instance, when backup a NDMP filer and when the original filesystem and the snapshot are both being presented in the same NFS mount. This is causing referential problems for the operating system, as the same inode is appearing in different places.

Worst case, contact Legato for support.

Hi,

I'm Just running a simple backup "save operation" on a unix "solaris" client on a File system, nothing else.
This happen sometimes for some files and for different unix client !

akimziadi,

Is it possible this indicates the file(s) in question were modified by normal user action during the time it was actively being backing up?

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back