Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WARNING - ActiveSync 4.2 install wipes out password

Status
Not open for further replies.

randysmid

Programmer
Dec 12, 2001
US
Hello ALL,
I just installed ActiveSync 4.2 on my work computer, and it managed to wipe out the password I had embedded in my prior version (3.7). Does anyone know how to recover the old password, or is it gone permanently? If it's gone permanently, I guess I'll have to create a new device configuration.

Thank goodness that Microsoft doesn't do the software that keeps pacemakers or defibrillators running!!!

If it ain't broken dont fix it.

Its not like someone is going to hack into your computer and then screw with ActiveSync, just leave it at a working level...
There wouldnt be a point to hack into activesync if he can get to your outlook email itself, a lower patch level isnt going to hurt anything.

I doubt there is a way to recover it aside of backup software, or System Restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back