Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Waring about Storagemedia.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance787

IS-IT--Management
Sep 22, 2006
CA
This is related to article thread504-781575

I just want to warn people to be careful when dealing with Storagemedia.com, especially if they owe you money. Storagemedia.com, part of a group of office recycling and supplies companies under the SD Pacific heading, also buy and sell used computer tapes. I sold a batch of used LTO-1 tapes to them and they have still not paid. This has gone on for several months now and they are now at the stage of not answering emails or returning phone calls. They passed through the stages of saying it was an accounting problem, the check was mailed, the paperwork was lost, please send an invoice, and now it is we will ignore all communication. While they may happily fill your order and take your money please be warned about dealing with Storagemedia.com and any company related to SD Pacific. Bad experience dealing with them continues and people should be careful. I suspect this particular incident means "Keith Harris is untrustworthy" since a slogan of their's is "Trust Keith Harris"

I had about 1000 used AIT tapes to sell to them but with the bad response from Storagemedia.com and the folks at SD Pacific I will probably end up having them shredded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back