Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WAP and SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirav

Programmer
Jun 19, 2000
IN
Hi,<br><br>I would like to know the technical details for sending a SMS from a website to a WAP enabled mobile phone.<br><br>The prefered platoform would be Apache and PHP.<br><br>Thanks for the help.<br><br>Nirav

Firstly, SMS isn't a WAP specific service, so you could send SMS to any SMS capable phone.&nbsp;&nbsp;This might expand the focus of the page(s) you want to create.<br><br>There are many, many, e-mail to SMS gateways out there. Some free, some charge the sender, some charge the receiver, and most of them are country specific.&nbsp;&nbsp;Probably the best thing you could do is to do&nbsp;&nbsp;a search for &quot;SMS email gateway&quot; in your favourite search engine then pick through the results.&nbsp;&nbsp;I've not got a particular site I can recommend, so you need to do a bit of homework.<br><br>Once you've got a site, you would be able to use PHP to send an email to the chosen gateway to the specified SMS phone.<br><br>Hope this helps. <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>--<br>
0 1 - Just my two bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back