Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wanting to Blend imported photos into an image

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDaedlus

Programmer
Mar 7, 2001
CA
I have a multiple set of photos that I want to blend into a single image. Using the first photo as the background and subsequent photos as faded foreground pictures. I can't quite figure out how to get the background photos to fade appropriately, any suggestions or tips. Thank you for your time.

If you create a new layer for each photo, with the background layer on the bottom, you can play with the layer blend modes - screen and multiply will be the most useful to you.

If you actually want to collage the shots you may need to do a little image manipulation. Try adding a layer mask (in the layers palette) to each of the photos, then use the airbrush tool on each mask to alter the edges of the individual images. A layer mask alters the visibility of the layer to which it is applied. By airbrushing in black on the layer mask (not the layer itself) parts of the photo will disappear, airbrushig white will make them reappear. So you can make fine adjustments to the photo blends. Remember you can use any of your drawing tools to manipulate a layer mask - not just the airbrush.

Of course sometimes combining techniques in ps is the best way to go, so you might like to play with both of these ideas.

Good luck :)

gollyg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back